2008-03-07

Some old Findings

I always find some things that may seem silly to people, yet very useful to other people, I'll keep posting about such things until I find that really interesting thing that no-one can find silly, and keep it to myself.
Some of these silly things:
  • If anybody tries to convince you that the GIS is another platform you can learn and lightly use it then later forget about it, be warned, it is a really dangerous plot to turn normal people into geography-loving map-making freaks that speak all of the time about the lack and inaccuracy of the publicly available geo-data and about how accurate the data you personally collect and process compared to your government's data.
  • I'm a big loser to stay in the Microsoft developers camp for so long (VB 2/3/4/5/6, VB.NET, then C#), I've heard about Java in as early as 96/97, but never tried it before 2 months ago, and it is a great language to learn and a great community to join
  • Apple got some of the greatest designers in the tech industry, I just wish I have enough money to be a full-time mac user (or that they become more affordable in foreign countries).
  • Adobe is the graphics designer best friend, Thank God Microsoft is failing in its pathetic attempts to take over the graphics market.
  • People using AutoCAD should be using AutoCAD 'til the end of their lives, its the best punishment for learning such a bad program from the beginning, it is one of the worst large applications ever (every industry has better solutions for its users, especially in the Architecture, Landscape and GIS industries), I have to switch over to anything else.

No comments: